Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm One Lucky Mother

Facebook is overflowing with articles, poems, pictures, songs and salutes to moms today. But it was this one that really got me thinking.

A real woman always keeps her house clean and organized, the laundry basket is always empty. She’s always well dressed, hair done. She never swears and behaves gracefully in all situations and under all circumstances. She has more than enough patience to take care of her family, always has a smile on her lips, and a kind word for everyone. ... Post this in your status if you too suspect that you might be a man.


My house is clean and organized. My laundry basket is always empty. Additionally, my fridge and cupboards are filled regularly, my bills are paid on time, my checkbook is balanced meticulously, my coffee is ready minutes before I wake, and my meals are cooked and served with love.

In my house, the Mother's Day accolades aren't mine, they're his—





It doesn't make me less of a woman that I don't take care of these household chores. It makes him more of a man.

Especially when he wears that hat.

No comments: