Friday, July 22, 2011

Smoke and Mirrors

Remember when I told you how much I love the new paint color I chose for my office? Well, I'm not so sold on the paint I chose for the dining room. The color is so safe it hardly even counts as a color. Because I'm too lazy and cheap to just pick another color and paint again, I'm trying to make it work by adding so many extra colors to the space that people become too confused to notice the walls. Smart, right?

So I found this fabric remnant at an estate sale today. I think it may have come from circus folk.





I decided to use it to cover these bland old dining room chairs of ours.





The first step in this process was to gently pop the seats out. Once that was done, my next step was to break my stapler. Because breaking an essential tool is ALWAYS step 2 in my DIY instructions.





After trying every tool I could think of to fix the jammed stapler, I came back to my old standby—cussing. Why I don't try it sooner I don't know, because it always works like a charm.





VoilĂ !

Boring walls? Where?




3 comments:

erniebufflo said...

Looks great!!

Soozietoone said...

Even if you lived in a cinder block house, no one would notice because you shine so brightly.

Mom said...

Oh NO!!! There won't be a single place in that house where I can sit.
They look great.